Sunday, February 15, 2009

I want to outline the fact that duplicate content, is a myth.

A week ago, I had set up around 10 blogs and 1 CMS on a single web hosting acount (non seo). ALl blogs had duplicate content from articles base.

I focused on promoting 1 blog, doing seo for that blog only as I was v busy selling my SEO/KW Research service for clients. Basicly my blog that I was promoting got indexed in 24 hours, and started gettign around 20 unique hits a day.

12 hours after being indexed it went down. and so did a bunch of other blogs that I had. I went to investigate with google on their webmaster forums, and the reply I got was that my blog was removed because it had articles - word for word from articles base (the even provided the corresponding link). This was done by their "gurus" but not official google employees. They pointed this out in google DC warning.

Now, after 48 hours, I updated, pinged some of my backlinks, url's and I found that a further 12 hours past that my blogs were up and around 6/10 blogs and 1 CMS was indexed and included in googles index system.

This just outlines that duplicate content is an urban myth, and that if yo get de-indexed by google at an early stage, it is due to a sandbox test or server updates.

I want to urge you, when in doubt, faced with a similar situation; do not panic and do not assume the worst. Simply move on to other projects (blogger projects are good for en-masse systems) whilst pinging your blog once a day or so, doing general maintenance. Eventually, it should be updated in a few days and be reindexed again.